Friday, July 16, 2021

This Easy Spray Eliminates Wrinkles From Clothes Without Ironing | One Good Thing by Jillee

Wrinkle Spray

Everyone has chores they tend to avoid, as well as chores that they don’t mind having to do. For me, ironing clothes has always fallen somewhere in the middle. It’s not the worst thing in the world (especially with a few handy ironing hacks,) but if I have the option of not doing it, I will almost always take it.

I think my tendency to avoid ironing has to do with the setup and takedown aspects of it. In order to iron something, I have to set up the ironing board and wait for the iron to heat up before I can even start! And if the iron has mineral deposits or burnt gunk on the soleplate, I need to clean the iron, too. It can seem like overkill when I’m just trying to get the wrinkles out of one shirt, and it’s one of the reasons I finally invested in a clothes steamer!

But for a much more budget-friendly solution, I also have a very effective homemade wrinkle release spray! It’s perfect for those times when you don’t want to pull out the iron and ironing board. Using just a bit of vinegar, hair conditioner, and water, this inexpensive spray relaxes the fibers of your clothes so that wrinkles just fall away like magic! Today I’ll be sharing the recipe with you, because it’s just too convenient to not keep on hand! :-)

How To Make A Homemade Wrinkle Release Spray

Wrinkle Spray

Ingredients:

1 tsp hair conditioner
1 Tbsp white vinegar
2 cups water

Wrinkle Spray

Directions:

Use a funnel to pour the conditioner, vinegar, and water into a spray bottle.

Wrinkle Spray

Replace the spray top on the the bottle and shake to combine.

How To Use Your Homemade Wrinkle Release Spray

Wrinkle Spray

Make sure the nozzle on your spray bottle is set to “mist.” Spray the solution lightly over the wrinkled areas of the clothing item. (You just want to dampen the fabric with the spray, not wet it completely.)

Related: This Is The Perfect Solution For Your Hard-To-Iron Clothes

Wrinkle Spray

After spraying, gently stretch the fabric out to smooth out the wrinkles, then let the item dry completely.

Wrinkle Spray

This wrinkle release spray is such a time-saver that I’ve started bringing a small bottle of it along with me when I travel! When I pull my clothes out of my suitcase, I give them a quick spray before hanging them up. It’s a quick and easy way to get rid of the suitcase wrinkles, and much faster than pulling out an iron! :-)

What’s your best tip for dealing with wrinkled clothes?

No comments:

Post a Comment