Monday, August 3, 2020

This Is Every Bedding Item I Absolutely Swear By | One Good Thing by Jillee

jillee's favorite bedding

Over the past few years I have shared a lot of my favorite bedding products here on my blog. Creating a beautiful and comfortable bed is especially important to me because I actually have a pretty rocky relationship with sleep. (Insomnia anyone?)

Anything I can add to my sleeping experience to make it easier or more appealing is a good thing in my book!

Luckily, there are so many wonderful options out there these days for bedding and other sleep-related items. From linen to bamboo, from duvets to quilted comforters, the amount of choices we have can get a little overwhelming!

That’s why in today’s blog post, I thought I could put together a roundup of all my favorite bedding items and sleep-related products in case you are looking for some inspiration or recommendations. After all, there are few things more important to your physical and emotional health than a good night’s sleep! :-)

Jillee’s Must-Have Bedding Items & Sleep Essentials

jillee's favorite bedding

▶︎ Mattress

Jillee’s Pick: Sleep Number 360® i8 Smart Bed

Before we get to the actual bedding, I have to mention the mattress I have been sleeping on for the last three years. When I was asked to do a review for Sleep Number, I went into it with few expectations because I’d never given much thought to adjustable mattresses in general.

But I was in for a very pleasant surprise, because it turned out to be the best mattress I’ve ever slept on by far! And while I initially tried it out for that review, I dare anyone to try and take it away from me now! ;-)

When it comes time to replace my mattress again in the future, I will definitely be checking out Sleep Number’s offerings first!

jillee's favorite bedding

▶︎ Bed Sheets

Pick #1: Cariloha Resort Bamboo Sheets

As important as your mattress is for good sleep, what you put on your bed is definitely right up there too! I bought my first set of Cariloha Resort Bamboo Sheets after my sister raved about how much she loved hers, and I was immediately converted (which you can read about here!)

They were, without question, the most comfortable, durable, and soft sheets I had ever owned… up to that point!

Pick #2: Sheets & Giggles Eucalyptus Lyocell Sheets

But quite recently, I discovered another material option while looking for some sheets for my son—eucalyptus sheets from Sheets & Giggles! Like bamboo, eucalyptus is a sustainable resource, and I actually think they are just as comfortable as bamboo!

This set is also quite a bit cheaper than the bamboo set, which certainly doesn’t hurt either!

jillee's favorite bedding

▶︎ Duvets

What you put on top of your sheets has a great deal to do with personal preference and is open to wide interpretation. I personally like the lightness and fluffiness of a duvet and duvet cover. (There’s something very cloud-like about the experience!)

Pick #1: Parachute Linen Duvet Cover

The last few years I have switched to a linen duvet cover and pillow shams, mostly because of the more natural look and feel. Ever since I upgraded to this linen duvet cover from Parachute, even when my bed is messy, it has an attractively lived-in look!

jillee's favorite bedding

Pick #2: Sheets & Giggles Eucalyptus Down Alternative Comforter

While I keep my linen cover on year-round, I definitely switch out the the actual blanket itself when the weather turns from hot to cold, or vice versa. My current summer duvet insert of choice is also made out of eucalyptus, and is the perfect weight combined with the linen cover I mentioned earlier.

Pick #3: Parachute Down Duvet Insert, All Season

When the temperatures start to drop in the fall, I’ll switch out the eucalyptus duvet for my all-season down duvet from Parachute. It’s a bit of a splurge, but this California girl needs all the help she can get in the winter!

▶︎ Pillows

When you look at how many pillows I have on my bed, you may start to question my sanity (much as my husband does!) But I just can’t help myself, because a bed just isn’t a bed without lots of fluffy pillows on it!

I have a lot of different types of pillows too, which you’ll see based on my pillow picks below!

jillee's favorite bedding

Pick #1: MyPillow Premium Series

As far as our sleeping pillows go, my husband and I are MyPillow fans. We have tried a LOT of different pillows in our quest for a good night’s sleep.

We keep coming back to these pillows because of how adjustable they are, and how they keep us cooler than other pillows we have tried. They’re also machine washable, which is an added bonus!

jillee's favorite bedding

Pick #2: Everlasting Comfort Memory Foam Knee Pillow

While my knee pillow spends the day tucked away in my closet, I bring it out every single night! As a side sleeper, this memory foam wedge helps keep my knees and hips aligned properly, which drastically improves how I feel when I get out of bed in the morning. If you’re a side sleeper, I highly recommend trying it for yourself!

jillee's favorite bedding

Pick #3: Decorative Pillows & Shams (see below)

And finally, there are the pillows that really are just for show, but that I still can’t live without! :-)

On top of our sleeping pillows, there are two decorative linen pillow shams that I bought from an Etsy shop called HomeyLinenLT.

jillee's favorite bedding

In front of those, I have 3 quilted euro shams that I got at Pottery Barn. I love the added texture the tufting provides!

jillee's favorite bedding

In front of those, I have one extra-long lumbar pillow with a blush pink velvet cover. This one also came from Etsy, from a shop called WillowandMoonHome. (Isn’t Etsy great?)

jillee's favorite bedding

And last but not least, I have two small floral pillows that I purchased from Target back in the spring. :-)

jillee's favorite bedding

▶︎ Beyond Bedding: Other Sleep Essentials

That covers the items that not only make my bedroom a room that I love to look at, but that also give me a consistently good shot at actually getting a good night’s sleep! However, we all know that even if we have the comfiest bed in the universe, there are still times that sleep manages to elude us.

As an added inducement to a truly peaceful night, I also depend on my trusty bedtime companion Slumber Essential Oil Blend. A few drops of Slumber in my diffuser helps me relax enough to get some high-quality shut-eye!

What are some of your bedding and sleep essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment