Friday, July 24, 2020

This Hack Makes It Unbelievably Easy To Clean Your Oven Door | One Good Thing by Jillee

oven cleaning

There are a handful of cleaning tasks in the kitchen that I tend to put off as long as possible, and cleaning the oven is definitely one of them. Even though this particular task isn’t as loathsome as it used to be since I discovered this no-scrub overnight method, I still find myself procrastinating the job as long as possible.

To lessen my guilt about these delay tactics, I try to at least keep the oven door looking nice between deep cleanings. If you’re like me, the oven door tends to become covered with a layer of grime and grease that quickly becomes quite unsightly.

Over the years it seems like I have tried every product and method out there to clean my oven door, (including those caustic and awful-smelling chemical oven cleaners) without much success. So imagine my surprise when I discovered there is indeed an easy way to do it, and all it takes is a dishwasher detergent tablet, a cup of warm water, and a minimal amount of elbow grease!

How To Clean Your Oven Door With A Dishwasher Tablet

oven cleaning

You’ll need:

*Note: Make sure you use a detergent tablet for this, not a pod. Detergent pods typically contain some amount of liquid detergent, while tablets (like the Finish Powerball tablet I used here) are made with powdered detergent.

oven cleaning

Directions:

Pull on your cleaning gloves and unwrap the detergent tablet. Dip the tablet into a small bowl or cup of warm water, then use it to scrub your oven door.

oven cleaning

Pay particular attention to baked-on grime and greasy spots, dipping the tablet in water again as needed, and watch the grime come right off!

oven cleaning

As the tablet begins to crumble, you can use the crumbly bits to scrub the corners and other hard-to-reach areas.

oven cleaning

Keep scrubbing until you’re satisfied, then use a wet dishcloth to clean up the detergent residue.

oven cleaning

Why It Works

After trying this method on my own oven, I was genuinely stumped as to why I hadn’t thought to try this sooner! For years I’ve used detergent tablets (or powder) to clean especially dirty dishes and pans by filling them with hot water, adding a bit of detergent, and then soaking them overnight. It always works like a charm!

And after all, dishwasher detergent is formulated to remove tough food residues, cut through grease, and leave glass sparkling clean. So it makes perfect sense it would work wonders on an oven door as well!

This trick worked wonderfully on the oven doors at both my own house and the OGT Studio. So if your oven door could use some love too, give it a try for yourself!

Which household chore are you most likely to procrastinate?

No comments:

Post a Comment