Sunday, June 14, 2020

The One Ingredient You Need To Add To Your Skincare Routine | One Good Thing by Jillee

Hyaluronic Acid

For the most part, I try not to concern myself with every new fad and trend that comes along in the worlds of beauty and skincare. For one, my sensitive skin would mutiny if I began constantly trying out new products, and for another, I’m generally pretty happy with the products I’m already using!

But I recently started using a new product with hyaluronic acid in it, which is a pretty trendy ingredient in skincare right now. I decided to try it out after hearing a lot of good things about it, and in my opinion, this trend actually does live up to the hype!

In today’s blog post, I’ll tell you everything you need to know about hyaluronic acid, including how it works, how it can improve your ski, and I’ll even share a few product recommendations as well. If you have dry, sensitive, or aging skin, this information should prove as useful to you as it has been to me! :-)

Hyaluronic Acid

What Is Hyaluronic Acid?

Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring carbohydrate found in the human body, and one of its primary functions is to help our skin retain and regulate moisture. But as we get older, our bodies produce less and less hyaluronic acid, leading skin to become slack, lined, and sapped of moisture.

Hyaluronic Acid

How Can It Help My Skin?

Incorporating hyaluronic acid into your skincare routine is an easy way to replace what your skin is no longer producing on its own. It’s capable of holding up to 1,000 times its own weight in water, which makes it ideal for restoring moisture and volume to aging skin!

In addition to being a highly effective moisturizer, it’s also safe to use on sensitive skin (like mine!) I’ve been using a hyaluronic acid product for several weeks now, and my skin has never felt irritated or inflamed after applying it—in fact, it actually feels quite soothing!

Hyaluronic Acid

Which Product Should I Choose?

If you’re interested in giving it a try for yourself, you may be wondering which product should you choose. There are a dizzying number of skincare products that contain hyaluronic acid on store shelves right now, so I did some research and found three dermatologist-recommended products at different price points.

So no matter what your budget is, there’s a great option for you just waiting to be discovered in the list below! :-)

Hyaluronic Acid

3 Hyaluronic Acid Skincare Products For Every Budget

Budget Pick: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Price: $15.20

This moisturizer from Neutrogena’s new Hydro Boost line proves you don’t have to spend a fortune to enjoy the benefits of hyaluronic acid! With it’s cooling, gel-like texture, this moisturizing gel feels like a refreshing treat for your skin. Neutrogena’s Hydro Boost collection features other hyaluronic acid products too, including sheet masks and serums.

Mid-Price Pick: La Roche-Posay Hyalu B5 Serum

Price: $29.99

This serum from La Roche-Posay contains both hydrating hyaluronic acid and vitamin B5, which helps speed up the repair of sensitive and damage-prone skin. It absorbs quickly, has a smooth, non-tacky finish, and boosts moisture levels in just one application.

Splurge Pick: Jan Marini Skin Research Hyla3D HA Activating Complex

Price: $127.00

Jan Marini Skin Research is a leading professional skincare manufacturer that is carried by physicians worldwide. This Hyla3D Complex includes multiple forms of hyaluronic acid for deep, long-lasting hydration, and helps to restore skin’s moisture levels and volume over time. This was actually recommended to me by my dermatologist and I have been loving the results so far!

Hyaluronic Acid

Do you have any favorite hyaluronic acid skincare products?

No comments:

Post a Comment